Untreated periodontal disease and infected dental pulp can lead to a number of serious consequences for your oral and overall health. You can learn more about the different stages of gum disease and signs that you may require a root canal with these great resources from around the web.
- Explore this article from the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research for more information on gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Check out this informative article from Colgate.com to learn more about the stages of gum disease.
- This article from the American Dental Association provides a handy overview of endodontic treatment.
- How does periodontal disease increase your risk for heart disease? Visit this link from the American Dental Hygienists’ Association to learn how gum disease increases your risk of heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes.
- Click on this link from MedicalOnline.com to learn about the warning signs that you may need a root canal.
Give Dr. Michael J. Wei a call at (212) 982-4080 for more information about our restorative and cosmetic dental procedures.